Saturday, January 09, 2010

Colbert Nation

With our last night in Canada Maggie had a rough time going to bed. It was after 10:30pm and Maggie was tired. Laur grabbed Maggie to take her to bed and I turned on the TV to see when The Daily Show or The Colbert Report would be on. The Colbert Report was just starting. Maggie flipped her lid. Bad timing on my part.

Laura lay down with Maggie and tried to get her to sleep. After at least 10 minutes of wrestling with Maggie and all of her cries for "Show!", Laur gave Maggie to me. She and Chloe were going to work on going to bed instead.

Maggie sat quietly tucked under my arm on the couch and I turned the TV back on to watch the last 5 minutes of Colbert and the first 15 of The Daily Show. I don't know why she likes those shows, but she does. I watch them online some evenings at home. Maggie apparently enjoys watching people sit behind desks and talk about the rather informative fake news.

The last I looked at my watch it was 11:22pm, and Maggie and I were laying down on the bed together. Both of us were out basically until 7:30am, and after a bottle Maggie stayed in bed until after 9:00am.

It's silly that 20 minutes of fake news was enough to calm her down for the night. At the commercial break I turned off the TV and all she said was "all done". She's a nut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite colbert episode was with guesg: Author Sherman Alexie ("The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian"). He's actually been on the show twice, but the episode from the time of the last presidential election.---Superb. Talk about not being P.C. Check it out on-line!

AdSo

Anonymous said...

One more comment-Henery Louis Gates, Jr. The black man arrested for breaking in his own house, and who was part of the "beer summit", he has a geneology show on PBS online called Faces of America (Colbert is one of the people who's geneology Henry profiles as part of that show. For what it's worth-Gates was on Colberts show as well-promoting a Lincoln PBS show as well. Check that out as well. The point is you should see if there are any chickasaw princess's in the Colbert line or not, and how european or white colberts DNA profile show's him being....funny!